Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring has sprung!

Wow, it is a glorious day today. It's a shame I've been stuck in an office for most of it.


My stitching progresses - here is the completed page one of Enchanted Flute.

I ordered the rest of the threads for this the other day so ordered the fabric and threads that I need for Celtic Summer while I was at it. Now, if I could leave Enchanted Flute alone for long enough I could make a start on it.

The golden retriever is also coming along, and is begining to look recognisable. I'll try to post a pic towards the end of the weekend so you can see the progress for yourselves.

The round robin is almost done, I've run out of thread so I will need to get some more, just not quite sure when! Does anybody know how close DMC is to Anchor? If I swap mid stitching will it show?

Lets hope this wonderful weather continues over the weekend and we get lots of lovely, bright sunshine for stitching in!

5 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Wow! You know, I actually went to their website to look at the whole picture of your project and ended up downloading a freebie! It's all your fault if I go blind ;o)

Stitchabilities said...

That is grand Cath!! What thread do you need? If it's DMC I may have it and can send you some!

wendy said...

great progress! I've never used anchor so idk.
good luck!

CathE said...

Thanks for your comments all. Good luck with the freebie Pumpkin. They are certainly challenging stitches but I'm loving it.

Rachael - the thread I need is Anchor 410. I'm happy to buy some but I'd rather buy the DMC equivalent as all my other threads are DMC - (I don't need much of an excuse to add to the collection!). Just wondered that if I used Anchor and DMC equivalents next to each on the same project would it notice! I suppose there's only one way to find out.

Babs said...

I love your works, they are nice. Good luck with the enchanted flute.