Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Winter Advances

I've been busy on my Celtic Lady recently. I hadn't thought I'd made all that much progress until I looked at the last pick I took. I'm really in to this one at the moment. I'm just getting to the detail at the bottom of the skirt and really looking forward to tackling that.





I do have one dilema though. I've just seen Rachael's update of her Celtic Lady and she's done the face and hands 1/1. I think it looks great like that, much finer and am tempted to unstitch what I've done and do it 1/1 as well. It's not that large an area when you think of the whole design. The question is, is it really worth it? I'll have to give it some more thought.


On a completely different subject, I have just started some part time work! It's a very odd feeling after 11 years at home with the children. But I think I'm going to enjoy it. Hubby is still spending all his time job hunting and the money I'm making is nowhere near what he was on but it does mean our savings will go another month before we are really in difficulty. It's amazing how much you can save when you really have to. We've had no luxuries at all this month but we've survived. Here's to hubby getting a job soon.

7 comments:

Jane said...

Hope everything goes well with the job, will be thinking of you. The dress detail is going to look stunnning

Anonymous said...

Wow!! she does look stunning!!
Hope you enjoy the new job,and that your Hubby gets another one real soon!

Daffycat said...

Your lady is very pretty!

Best of luck with the new job...I hope your DH has a new one soon too.

Pumpkin said...

She's looking so beautiful Cath!

I saw Rachael's too and it really makes a difference doesn't it? It's really not that large an area so if you feel comfortable with 1/1, I say go for it :o)

I'm happy to hear that you got a part-time job but sorry to hear that DH is still looking. DH and I know what it's like living on very little and we might be in that same situation again but if you work together as a team, you can do it! ((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

your Lady is looking stunning

good luck with your new job and hope your hubby finds a job soon

Stitcher said...

Your lady is looking gorgeous!
I guess it's a personal choice as to whether to go 1/1. Like you said though, it's a small area to frog and you'd have her face re-stitched in no time. Whatever you choose to do, she will be beautiful because the piece is just amazing. I love these designs.

All the best for you new job and for your DH's search.

starydreamer said...

ill keep my fingers crossed for your hubby i know the feeling of managing too well!!! your stitching is realy coming along she is beautiful